Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Inside My Kit Part 3

Here's part 3 of my "In My Kit" Series! In part 1 I showed you my Zuca Pro Artist traincase, skin prep pouch, and my cheek products. Part 2 covered my eyeliners, mascaras, and eyebrow stuff. 

In part 3 I'll be showing you two more of my zuca utility pouches which contain lip stuff and foundations. Let's start! :)



When I was started doing makeup for friends and family I never really put a lot of thought into the lips. I personally wasn't into putting on lip products on myself. But then through the years I've started to appreciate how lipsticks and lip glosses complete a look. 

So anyway for lipstick I decided to go with the NYX Round Lipsticks because of how many choices there were and of course it was relatively cheaper than most lipsticks available. They go on great and are really pigmented and when applied correctly (pencil, lipstick, blot, lipstick, blot) they can last a while. I got pinks, nudes and reds. I plan on getting corally ones and peachy ones next. 



For lipliners I have a couple from The Body Shop, NYX, Wet 'n Wild and Etude House (Php99.00). I've tried them all and they're really good! I especially love the one from Etude House because it glides on the lips nicely without tugging plus it was so cheap! :)) 



For lipgloss I got a couple from Smashbox (I love how non-sticky they are), a few from Stila (Kitten is amazing), a balm from Kiehl's and a few from Loreal. 



This next part is where I feel like I still have to build on to be super versatile as an artist. I really don't have any plans on going cheap in this area after all a perfect base let's you get away with minimal makeup. 





This is incomplete because I'm still getting a few other things this weekend in time for my first ever wedding gig.  



Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation has been my Holy Grail (HG) foundation for the longest time. It's perfect for any skin type especially oily ones. I plan to get 1 more light and 1 more darker. The ones in small pots are the Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation in sample sizes because my bestest (saleslady) friend Shaira gave me some to try out. I plan to use this on more mature skin. I've tried this on myself and personally loved it even though I'm oily. I convinced my grandmother to get this and she loved how light it felt while still giving her decent coverage. I set all of these with the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder.  

The next photo is of my Cinema Secrets(CS) Palettes and CS translucent powder. They're like foundation and concealer in one so I love them. Sometimes I just use them as a concealer on top of other foundations. I love that they're in a palette so I get to mix and match perfectly. 




Make Up Forever why you so expensive?! Just the 3 of these cost me almost 6k :(( I want to get 1 dark shade of the HD Foundation and 2 more of the Mat Velvet+ but they're so darn expensive!!! But the finish is amaaaaazing. I wish they were cheaper here in the Philippines cause in the US they cost about 30% less!!! haha! 


Lastly I have my lone Graftobian Palette! :)) Graftobian is a theatre makeup brand but they came up with an HD line. This is a sampler palette I bought at Purbeauty in Serendra for Php1,500 (really expensive compared to US prices) just to see if I like it enough to use it on other people. I loved how light it felt on the skin and how flawless looking it make me! Slightly hard to work with but I'm guessing with a bit more experimenting I'll get the hang of it. I loved it so much I ordered the Super Palette which has 18 shades all in one Palette from the US (P2,000 less than getting it here from local sellers). 

I'll definitely update this part once I get all the things I want and I'll probably do individual reviews and demos soon. 

Until next time,
Pauline 


Ps. For the cream palettes I don't use my brush on it directly, I scoop out a small amount using my metal spatula and put it on my metal palette to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment