Monday, January 30, 2012

Collective Haul!

I just finished my first wedding gig last Saturday. It was a beautiful and intimate ceremony where you just felt love in the air. The days preceding Saturday were spent going around and trying to complete my kit.


Here are a few things which I added to my kit at the last minute:










I finally got my Graftobian products from the States Thanks to my Tita who is also a Makeup Artist, Tita Lisa Castellano. I got the HD dual finish powder foundation and the HD Creme Super Palette both in Warm. I also got the color corrector palette which corrects blue under-eye circles (orange), redness/purple blemishes or bruises (yellow), redness (green), and gray or brown spots (pink). 





I also got my Sigma Professional Brush Set!!!! Another gift from the boyfie! :)) I love how soft all the bristles are! After years of lusting over them over youtube, I finally have my own set! I'll definitely get the Sigmax collection and the original brush set!! I love this!! :) 


I also got my Make Up Forever Mist & Fix and Eyebrow Correctors in #0 and #3. 


I'll do separate reviews for all of these soon! First wedding blog post coming soon! :) 


2 comments:

  1. hi pauline! been reading your blog for a while now. i'm currently enrolled in MP for their module 1 class. i can say that u did a good job at the class because as i compare our works, u'r way much better than me :-) r u a born artist? me, i'm not and so it's hard for me to create looks and which color looks flattering for a specific face feature. i love makeup and i am a self-confessed addict. i'm starting to build up my traincase and fill it with makeups. u'r lucky that u already have these stuffs even if u'r just starting ur career as pro MUA. i also love NYX and plan to buy all their products to start my new found glory in makeup artistry. i like to focus on wedding makeup since it is "in" today and will probably earn more from it. and yeah, i'll definitely get some tips from you so somehow i'll feel what it's like to achieve the dream job just by reading ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Somebody actually reads my blog! :)) Thank you so much! :)

      I'm not a "born artist" I cannot draw/paint to save my life haha! I guess i just learned what goes with what through trial and error, watching youtube videos and going through magazines and makeup books. :)

      I love my NYX products for personal use but if I were you I'd invest in something like MAC, Laura Mercier, Chanel, NARS or OCC Lip tars for your pro kit, I know they're expensive like crazy but it'll be totally worth it. I ended up selling most of my NYX round lipsticks and kept a few just for personal use :)

      Thank you for following me and I wish you all the best in this industry :)

      Delete