Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: MAC Lipstick in House Wine


Hey Loves,

I'm back after a whole month of not blogging! I was really busy with my day job (www.paloalto.ph) and didn't really have the time to write! I've been pretty active on instagram though so if you have the time, please do follow me @paulineylaya for outfit of the day and face of the day posts! 

That being said, let's jump right into today's review!

I've been on a lipstick shopping spree last month so one of the lipsticks that I've picked up is MAC's Lustre lipstick in House Wine. I'd describe it as a sheer, glossy, very wearable red. 


If you want to know more about it, read on!





I love a good red lip but I just find it too high maintenance for everyday use so I only wear it on special occasions. Enter House Wine.

I love how it goes on sheer and you can just layer it on depending on how opaque you want it. It's a pretty pinky-red color with a bit of berry undertones to it. Pinky-berry-red that's how I'd describe the color on me. Because it goes on sheer I don't feel like I'm wearing a lipstick at all! It feels more like a gloss.


MAC Lipstick in House Wine with Flash

If you're someone who's scared of wearing red lipstick (but deep inside you know you want to) you should probably try this color! It isn't the primary-color-red red so its definitely more wearable and won't make you look retro. I think it's the modern way of wearing red lips.

I also find that I have to line my lips or use a lipbrush with this though but don't take it against House Wine I blame my lack of a defined lipline for that. :) For you ladies with a natural lipline i think this will work fine for you right off the tube!

MAC's House Wine after 5 hours of wear with Flash
In the photo above it looks a bit pink because of the flash plus this was taken about 4 or 5 hours after I last retouched after lunch so it faded a bit.

Like I said, this being sheer with pink/red/berry tones this shade will definitely vary depending on your natural lip color. My lips being naturally pink brings out the pinky shades of the lipstick. 

So all in all this is a fantastic red lipstick! A very modern twist to the classic red lip. As the name suggests it does give off that stained lip effect. 

I got this at MAC at the Mall of Asia for Php1,000.00 and can't find it on MAC's website so I'm not sure if this was discontinued? I'll be doing more research on that and if this turns out to be discontinued I'll have to start buying backup tubes because I love it that much!!

So with that, I leave you with an awkward photo of myself  after work wearing House Wine. Please excuse the eyebrows, I'm growing them out so I can re-shape them to resemble Emma Watson's :)))

I have to work on taking self-portrait photos! :))


More lipstick reviews coming soon! From MAC to Chanel so stay tuned!!


xx Pauline

PS. Comments? Suggestions? Requests? Post them below!

PPS. Just found out that this shade has been discontinued! Thus the hunt for backup tubes begin! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment