Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L' Exuberante

To make up for my absence last month I've decided to review majority of my lipstick collection! :) 

Today's post is about my FAVORITE hot pink lipstick from Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet collection. 



If you want to see more photos and read more about it, click here! :)


Before I go on with my take in L' Exuberante can we just take a moment and admire the packaging! You have to see this in person and feel it! It's heavier than the typical lipstick tube so if feels expensive (as compared to the weight of plastic packaging).

You click the gold part to lock and unlock the tube which I think is very cool and I feel like such a diva taking this out and reapplying in public haha! *click*apply*click* haha! I dunno maybe it's just me :)) 


Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante without flash

Chanel describes this line as a luminous matte lip color it claims to be "velvety soft" and more comfortable to wear compared to other matte lipsticks. 

So moving on, this lipstick is so pigmented! One swipe is really what it takes to get the color from the tube to your lips! 

The color on me is exactly how it is on the tube. I think its a warm pink with a little bit of blue undertones so it kinda makes my teeth look whiter :) I love that this isn't over the top neon hot pink but a bright/luminous wearable pink...just make sure you wear a subtle/understated eye. :) 

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante with flash
As for its matte-ness I really only have the NARS matte velvet sticks to compare them to so the NARS lip pencils are pretty good but I think these are better in terms of how they feel on the lips. I usually wear L'Exuberante on its own and I use a lip pencil but when these photos were taken I was being fancy and decided to wear MAC's Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in "In Anticipation" which actually made my lips feel really dry and uncomfortable come lunch time. I think I'll blame the lip pencil for that and not L'Exuberante because like I said on its own it's WONDERFUL!

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante swatch without flash

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante swatch with flash

This color stains your lips a nice bright pink color so when it does fade (6-7 hours after even after meals and drinks) it leaves a nice tint to the lips. It fades evenly so no worries about looking cray-cray with a funky lipline. 

The boyfriend bought this at Rustans' Alabang Town Center for Php1,650 wayyy more expensive as compared to buying them at duty free but since it was my birthday he still got it for me! <3 <3 

Overall I would definitely repurchase if I run out of it! I'd also recommend this to anybody who's looking for a bright look-at-me color with ANY skintone I've seen this on different women and it looks just as awesome. 

So that's it for now! Watch out for moooore lipstick reviews!

xxPauline


No comments:

Post a Comment