Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence

I'm back for day 3 of my blogging penance! I'll be talking to you guys about my favorite lip gloss except it really doesn't feel like just a  gloss but like a liquid lipstick. 

This was my very FIRST Chanel product and I was drawn to it because of the color! This gloss sparked my love for Chanel makeup! So if you want to learn more about  Chanel's Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in #57 Insolence, read on!


Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence


So I was at Rustans' Alabang Town Center doing my thing at the Laura Mercier counter looking at the new collection when I get a phone call from my mom telling me that they're about to pick me up at the Rustans' exit which is right beside the Chanel counter..so I go to the exit but it turned out that they were still a few minutes away..so I decided to go look at the Chanel display counter and began swatching stuff. 

I usually avoided the designer makeup section at Rustans' because I knew that they were really expensive and I didn't want to fall in love with anything that was super expensive because I'd just obsess about it and end up spending way too much on makeup.

Then the thing I dreaded and wanted to avoid all this time happened. I saw this baby on the display counter it looked so pink and fresh and happy so had to try it on.. I swatched it on my hand and it looked really really good.


Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence

The salesperson convinced me to try it on so I did and boy let me tell you, I looked radiant and fresh. It just brightened my face! Then my mom called to say that she was already there so I left. I got home and ate merienda and ended up taking a nap. When I woke up I was amazed to see my lipgloss in place and it looked as vibrant as it did when I first put it on. I knew then and there that I had to get it! 

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence without flash

Packaging is the same as the Rouge Allure Lipsticks. Sleek black tube with the gold Chanel logo on top and the color of the gloss at the bottom. Again like the lipstick packaging it feels substantial in your hand. 

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence with flash
The color goes on exactly as how you see it in the tube. You can actually build this up if you want it to look more hot pink. I usually do 2 layers which is pretty bright but nowhere as hot pink as L'Exuberante.

Lasting power is AMAZING and this does not feel sticky at all!!!! When you first apply it really makes your lips look glossy and juicy but in time when it starts to fade it loses the glossiness but leaves a nice tint to your lips. It doesn't migrate or bleed and it stays exactly where you put it. It feels silky smooth and it doesn't accentuate lines :) 


Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence Swatch without flash
I usually wear this alone but when I don't feel like rocking matte lips, I use this over L'Exuberante for a little bit more "oomph" (As if L'Exuberante needed more! Hahaha!)

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence swatch with flash


So there! So sorry about the long post! I couldn't stop my self from telling you my history with Insolence! :)) 

Overall I would totally recommend this to friends and family (actually I already did! My cool Grandmother has the exact shade which she loves! I get my love for pink lipsticks from her!). I would totally repurchase this and if I ever hear rumors that they're discontinuing it I'm willing to hoard all the tubes I can find!

Easily my Holy Grail Pink Lip Gloss! 

I bought this at Rustans' Alabang Town Center for Php1,650.00

xxPauline



No comments:

Post a Comment