Monday, August 20, 2012

How To: Organize and store your makeup!

Hello Everyone!

Today I'll show you how I store my PERSONAL Makeup Collection. I've been watching loads of youtube videos of how other people store their makeup collection and I was always drawn to those who store them in a very minimalist way. I remember one of my favorite ways to store makeup was that of Wayne from gossmakeupartist see his video here.

At that time I didn't know where to buy the acrylic drawers and I knew that they weren't available locally plus if I ever bought them abroad it would be SOOOOO EXPENSIVE! Apparently the Kardashians use the same storage units. Looking up other videos I found that in the US Muji has a similar product at a lower price. 

It was only a matter of time until they had it here! :) I got my very own 5-drawer thing yesterday in MUJI ATC. It cost me PHP1,250 (almost USD30). Yet it's kinda expensive BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD! :))) 




Read more to see how I organize my Makeup!


I decided to keep this on my vanity because it looks really pretty! :)) Plus it wouldn't match the little drawers I have in the cabinet which house the products that I don't use on a daily basis. All the makeup I have in this organizer are those that I find myself using the most.


Front view, closed.

On the top drawer is everything I need for the face/complexion. Here I keep my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Laura Mercier concealer in SC-3, NARS tinted moisturizer in Alaska, Laura Mercier Brow powder in Deep Blonde and Laura Mercier Pencil in Blonde, MAC Girl Boy Eyebrow Gel, MUD Foundation in Y1, Graftobian Foundation, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach and Clarins Sunblock/Primer. 

Top Drawer

On the second drawer I keep my eye stuff. For everyday work makeup I use my Naked 1 palette over my Urban Decay Eye Primer in Eden. On days that I'm too tamad to mix and match my Naked shadows I use Forever 21's Love & Beauty Palette which I got on a whim and it's such a good alternative to the original Naked Palette especially for those who get overwhelmed by too much choices (I have a pending review on this). I also use a Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and Benefit's They're real Mascara (which I don't like cause they migrate to my under eyes after a few hours, review coming up soon!) Under my Primer I have a single refill pan from stilla its a taupey-grey color called diamond lil for those days when I only want to wear one color on my lids.

2nd Drawer
The third drawer has my cheek products. I have the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushed in Amused, Exposed and Dollface, Urban Decay's Afterglow Cheek Tint in Crush and Smashbox Blush Rush in Crush and Chiffon (I've hit pan on this because it's a cheaper and less glittery dupe for NARS' Orgasm). As you can see I like my blushes in pink. :))


3rd Drawer - Cheeks
For the fourth Drawer I have my Lip Products! The reason this drawer is overflowing is because I've been neglecting lip products for the longest time. When I realized how much lip colors enhance the makeup look I'm going for and that I can't rely on just a pink lip I kinda hoarded. :| Having everything in this drawer made me realize that. 

I usually buy a lipstick with a lipgloss. Here are my pairs:
Nars Gold Digger Lipgloss + Nars Belle de Jour Lipstick --> My only nude colors.
Laura Mercier Discrete Lip Glace + Laura Mercier Brown Sugar
Laura Mercier Baby Doll Lip Glace + Laura Mercier Baby Lips
MAC Spice Lipglass + MAC Spice Lipstick
Chanel Extrait de Gloss #57 Insolence + Chanel Rouge Allure #66 Confidentielle (this was the one I lost and had to buy a new one!)
Chanel Extrait de Gloss #55 Confidence + Chanel Rouge Coco #5 Madamoiselle
Revlon Colorbusrt Lipgloss in Peony + Bobbi Brown Sandwash Pink Lipstick

Others in the drawer: Clinique Chubby Sticks in #07 Strawberry & #06 Whoppin' Watermelon, Laura Mercier Lip Balm in Berry and Urban Decay Super Saturated Lipgloss in Love Child.


Lip Drawer!
And last but not the least is my random drawer. Here I keep my skincare, tools, and random palettes.  would have loved to keep my setting powders here but they wouldn't fit so I decided to put these here instead. Here I have the Garnier Acne roll on thing which dries up acne fairly fast. Differin which I use all over my face at night when I don't have breakouts and Help Me by Philosophy which is a Retinol Cream which I've been using lately to control my breakouts. I'll post a review on this by the end of the month to show you all the results. I also have my Eyebrow shaver, tweezerman tweezers and eyebrow scissors plus a random sleek palette! :))

Last drawer
So there you have it! This is how I keep my dresser organized. Obviously I don't use all these things at the same time but these are the things that I use most of the time. For work I usually do neutral, defined eyes, pink cheeks and pink lips.

I hope you liked this post! If you have any questions feel free to contact me! 


xoxo,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment