Thursday, June 21, 2012

How To: Depot Mac Eyeshadows

Hallloooo! :) Today I'll show you how I depotted the MAC eyeshadows I got in Singapore! I decided to do this today because I just bought an empty MAC palette haha! Plus having to open everything one at a time during gigs is such a hassle! So lets get started!




 Step 1: Use a spatula (or in my case a Tweezerman Cuticle pusher thingy) to get in between the teeny space just under the latch. Give it a good wiggle and it should just pop right out.


 Step 2: Get a candle and use tweezers to hold the pan over the candle. Make sure to move it around and grip it tightly. I accidentally dropped the pan on the floor :))) I'm glad nothing bad happened! :)) DO NOT DROP IT INTO THE WAX or else you will die!! The plastic should start to melt (I heard sizzling sounds).



 Step 3: Flip the pan quickly on a flat surface and use your spatula to poke it hard. Work fast because the plastic hardens again after a few seconds :)



 Step 4: The metal pan will be wiggle-able and you can use the spatula to scoop it out. Be careful not to scrape the eyeshadow. If it doesn't move don't force it, just put it over the candle a bit more.


Step 5: You'll be left with this mess. :)) Just peel of the label under the original pot and stick it on to the metal pan.



 Step 6: You are done! Just drop it into your palette any way you want to. This is a metallic palette so you'll have to get magnetic strips and stick it to the metal pan for it to stick. I don't have magnets yet so for now I won't be flipping this around! :)


From L-R R1 Brule, Ricepaper, Naked Lunch, Cork, Woodwinked
R2 Expensive Pink
R3 R-L Carbon, Satin Taupe
So there you go! This is my first MAC palette and I'm sooooo happy about it! I cannot wait to fill it up! :) 

xoxo,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment